Update – Office Procedures for COVID-19
To our valued patients:
The spread of COVID-19 has been an unprecedented event for those of us in the medical field, as we know it has been for you. We are actively working to determine the best role for us during this crisis for the healthcare system.
After consulting with fellow physicians, we plan to remain open to provide high quality medical, surgical, and more urgent dermatologic care.
By doing so, we hope to support the broader Wyoming/Nebraska healthcare system in keeping patients out of the local emergency rooms and urgent cares as they experience an influx of respiratory patients. This is a fluid situation, and our ability to help in different ways may change on a daily or hourly basis based on our physical health and ability to staff our practice.
For ALL patients of the practice (new or established):
1. If you have a skin cancer issue, concerning lesion, scheduled surgery, high-risk medication, serious rash, or other acute medical issues please still attend your appointment as scheduled and we will help care for you.
2. If you have any active respiratory symptoms, fever, have been in contact with a COVID-19 positive or likely positive individual within the past 14 days please do not come to the office, and contact your PCP for further instructions on isolation and testing. Due to widespread shortages, our providers do not have any N-95 type respirator masks and are not able to evaluate patients for active COVID-19 infections. We are relying on you, our patients, to help keep ourselves, and our staff as safe as possible during this difficult time.
3. If you have a non-urgent skin issue (acne, rosacea, alopecia, pigmentation, etc.) we would ask that you call and reschedule.
4. All cosmetic issues, toxin/filler injections, and treatments such as chemical peels and lasers will be temporarily halted at this time until resolution of the COVID-19 crisis so that we may use our time to help support the healthcare system.
We hope you understand.
For ESTABLISHED patients of the practice:
1. If you have a stable issue, a new but non-urgent skin concern, or need refills, please send a message through the EMA patient portal or email email@example.com
2. Our new teledermatology portal will likely be active next week to allow consultations with your provider, and in the meantime, we can handle your issue via phone or message. Refill rules have also been relaxed during this crisis to allow you to avoid a clinic visit.
We appreciate the trust that you have placed in us over the past many years. You have been here for us and we will continue to be here for you during this crisis and after.
Dr. Greg Seitz and Tami Mason, DNP